Thursday, December 18, 2008

How redding rolls

     Redding is suddenly very chilly and the citizens of this great city are hoping for a white Christmas.  I know I'm certainly wanting to make snow angels on Christmas morning.  This sudden cold snap has however, forced me to make a few adjustments in my daily life.  For example, I have to bundle up whenever I go outside, especially when I am going to be riding my bike.  Here is a photograph of my sweet riding threads:

You may notice that I kind of look like a ninja/dumb ass.  At least I'm warm though!  Today I got to ride through some light snow for the first time in my life (growing up in Menifee (Dry desert hellish climate) we didn't get any snow days.) and found it very pleasing, except when I was going fast and getting little snow flakes in my eyes.
     Other than riding around in the snow I'm going to spend today indoors making some lovely snowflakes out of paper and watching a movie.  I'm going to watch Hotel Rwanda, which I realize doesn't really pair well with making paper snowflakes, but why not?  Maybe the snowflakes will cheer me up as I watch unfathomable acts of genocide on my TV screen.  Maybe after all the two do pair well together!  
     Played a little game of rummy at Sue's with the beautiful bride this morning, she won, but in my defense I had the hand with the most points.  That's all I have to say to all of you.  Hope to see you at the Holiday Party tomorrow, should be lots and lots and lots of fun!

4 comments:

noah! said...

i love the ninja/dumbass combo. somebody had to do it.

scott J tyler said...

You should add some goggles to the mix-for the snow flakes (and sometimes for the spit of angry drivers). Then you could be a ninja/dumbass/pilot.

Kim said...

It doesn't look nearly warm enough in my opinion. It is flippin' cold out there Zach!

Lauren said...

yeah theres a good foot of snow out there right now and we have been cooped up for a week. so sometimes you do dumb things just so you can go outside. well, we wondered what it would be like to ride bikes in deep snow. it didn't work out to well. but lots of laughs and at least a nice padding for when you do fall.